Tuesday 12 November 2019

Podcast #177: Homemade Muscle & Bodyweight Training | The Art of Manliness


I’m a barbell guy, but I certainly understand the appeal of bodyweight training — it’s free, you can do it anywhere, and there’s a focus on “functional movement.” The problem I’ve run into with articles on the web about bodyweight training is that very little is ever written about programming and progression. Whenever I’ve done bodyweight routines, I always felt fuzzy about what I should be doing in order to progress and get stronger. Well, I came across a book about bodyweight training that provides some amazing programming similar to what you’ll find with barbell training. It’s called Homemade Muscle: All You Need Is a Pull-Up Bar. Today on the show I talk to the author of the book, Anthony Arvanitakis, about the nitty gritty of bodyweight training. We also discuss the life changing accident Anthony experienced in his 20s that cost him his leg, but helped him discover his passion for bodyweight exercises. Follow us! https://ift.tt/YAd15k http://twitter.com/artofmanliness

No comments:

Post a Comment