Thursday 14 November 2019

Podcast #201: Rules for My Newborn Daughter | The Art of Manliness


If you’re a dad or plan on becoming a dad down the line, you’ve probably got some principles and advice that you want to pass on to your children, so they can grow up to be well-adjusted, useful adults. Like most fathers, my guest today had accumulated such a treasury of rules on living, but he actually went a step further and put them in a book and published it. His name is Walker Lamond. I had him on the podcast back in 2009 to discuss his popular first book, Rules for My Unborn Son. His son is now eight years old, and we’re going to talk about how the implementation of those rules are going. Walker’s also got a new book out. This time for his little girl — Rules for My Newborn Daughter. Today on the podcast, Walker and I are going to discuss how fathering a daughter is different from fathering a son and the nature of “dadsplaining,” as well as highlight specific advice from Rules for My Newborn Daughter. It’s a fun discussion filled with lots of pop culture references (as a film and TV writer, Walker is a repository of pop culture trivia). Follow us! https://ift.tt/YAd15k http://twitter.com/artofmanliness

No comments:

Post a Comment